Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last week

Wow, I can't believe in 3 days I am going to be on a plane home. It's been such an amazing experience and I'm sorry I haven't posted more often but at the end of the day all I want to do is lay in my bed and sleep.
It's been an eventful couple of days that have all been fun. This past weekend a small group of us went to Cork for the night and stayed in a hostel. That was my first experience with a hostel and it was nice but I would much rather stay in a cheap hotel. It was clean and safe but I don't know, something about a stranger having the possibility of staying in your room is strange. Anyways, we arrived really early in the morning so we were able to go around town and get some shopping done :) Mom and Dad, I'm sorry if I spent to much but I don't think that I did personally...I had saved up all my "me" money for two amazing purchases that have nothing to do with Ireland but I had to have them haha. On that buying note it has been really hard to souvenir shop here. I knew what I was going to get my girlfriends and parents but I have not been able to find anything really good for Danny, I know he wants a celtic cross but all the ones I find just aren't right, there really are not "authentic" Irish shops around here which is kind of disappointing. And Andrew James, don't even get me started, you are impossible to shop for, my present to you might just have to be that I'm coming home finally :)
But back to Cork. So we shopped and had dinner at a nice place, and we went to the oldest pub in Cork City itself, and they had live music which was cool. Towards the later end of the night we made our way to a supposed to be club called Society. And it was a club and there were people there but it just so happened that we came on a pretty good night. The music they played was all eighties, "Dancing Queen", "Wanna Dance with Somebody", "Summer of 69", "Jump Around". It was so fun just dancing around not caring what you looked like, singing at the top of your lungs.
The next day was slow to start but we eventually made our way to Blarney Castle which was a beautiful sight. The castle itself is gorgeous and a lot of it is still intact, even on of the fireplaces of the great hall. We also went into the dungeon and cave of the grounds. But kissing the stone was probably the most memorable. You had to wait in line throughout the castle to get to it so it was convenient because we got to see the whole castle and look into each of the rooms. Once we got to the top I was a little nervous. Not because of the height or the chance of falling but because we had all heard rumors that people pee on the Blarney stone. Yeah, that made me think twice about it, but then I figured, what the hell, I could use the gift of gab. So we slathered on the lip gloss and took the plunge, it was amazing.
We spent the rest of the weekend trying to catch up on all our school work and sleep. That is one of the things that I can't wait for, to sleep in my own bed.
Excited to see everyone!!! Love you all, see you in 3 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment