Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 16

Wow, I can't believe that tomorrow I will be in the single digits of this trip coming to an end. It has gone by so so fast. But anyways, yesterday we went to the pub that was used in the making of "P.S. I love You", it was called Whelans and it was pretty cool. The atmosphere was very relaxed and they had live music with a different artist every half an hour. The drinks were cheap too so that is always a plus :)
Today we had class outside which was amazing, the weather here really has been on our side. It hasn't rained very much which is odd for Ireland, I blame global warming. But today was warm and sunny and on all of our day trips it has always been nice. I'm thankful. Also today we meant with an artist who works with art that is outside of the canvas. His area is of maps and creating images that make a landscape. He gave us assignments to work on around a part of Dublin called "the Liberties" so that was interesting. My groups task was to eavesdrop on random peoples conversations. He made a note on our paper to be discreet and respectful :). But we heard some random and different conversations, one was a group of lawyers discussing an upcoming case, another was a group of old men discussing that South African wine is the best there is and that water should only be used for washing ones hands. I thought that was pretty insightful haha.
We also went to dinner at the oldest pub in Dublin, The Brazen Head. Supposedly it came into business in the year 1128. They knew what was important back then I guess.
Staying in tonight to read and get things put together for Cork this weekend hopefully! Hope everything is going well over there in Niles. Love you all!

P.S. my computer is refusing to let me put pictures up so hopefully it starts behaving soon, and pictures will be updated!!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Kait,
    When I got your text today I was not only excited for you but so proud! You are a "world traveler". Not many people can say that (including me). I can't believe what you have seen and done. Many people only dream of this opportunity. ENJOY these last days and squeeze every last bit of Ireland in that you can. Stay safe. I love you very much! Mom

    ReplyDelete