Saturday, June 4, 2011

Been a few days

Sorry everyone that I've been so neglectful!! I have seriously been so exhausted, every day is something to do, somewhere to go and for the first time on the trip we got to sleep in this morning and it was fabulous :)
Well let's see, two days ago we saw a play called "Quare Times", it was a very small play, only 6 actors and the theatre only fit 77 people. But it was so good, very humorous and we Americans picked up on most of the jokes, but sometimes we were the only ones not laughing at some points and it was obvious that it was Irish humor. We have also spent a few nights celebrating birthdays but our groups usually end up separating anyways. The bars around are really great, the atmosphere is very relaxing and we can where  just jeans and a sweatshirt to it and that is my kind of bar :) Also we have found a gelato bar!! I'm so excited it is delicious, perfectly creamy.
Yesterday was a very busy day for our group, we woke up and had a group meeting at the Irish Film Institute which is where we go every other day to watch a film and let me tell you guys that it is so hard to stay awake when we are there. The seats are so comfy in the theatre and when they dim the lights most of us are goners haha. I won't lie I did fall asleep on the first day, but so far I've been able to make it through the rest of them. Then we went to the Dublin Writers Museum which was pretty interesting but the man who took us on the tour was so so so boring and his accent was really thick so he was hard to understand. He looked and talked exactly like I picture an old English grandfather sitting in his leather chair by the fire reading the newspaper with his spectacles on and a pipe hanging from his lips. But the museum itself had information on all the famous authors of Ireland and some of the books and letters they had written. And it was in an old victorian house so that was cool as well. Then we went back to the theatre where we had seen "Quare Times" and got a chance to talk to some of the actors, the writer, and the director of the play. They had some fun interesting things to say about play making and all the things that go into creating characters and how each one is of importance and must be represented on the stage whereas in a novel a waiter can come remove your tray and then he's done. I thought that was interesting and something that I had never thought of before. We decided to stay in that night, catch up on some sleep and just hang out with each other.
Today we went and saw Pygmalion at the Abbey Theatre and it was very good, not really what I had expected it to be because I had forgotten that My Fair Lady had been based off of it so I keep waiting to hear "The rain in spain falls mainly in the plains" (insert nasally british accent) but it never came. Anyways, it was a very well done play and ended quite abruptly which I wasn't expecting but all in all I enjoyed myself.
Then we decided that we might as well stay out in the city since we were already there so we went and got fish and chips and Guinness. The fish and chips was delicious the Guinness not so much, I think it was my first and last :) but I'm glad that I tried it. Then we went to this great pub that served amazing drinks and had the Ireland soccer game playing so it was fun to watch the reactions of everyone when the scored. The margarita I had was absolutely delicious :) So we are definitely going back to that bar.
I love all of my roommates they are so fun and I'm already looking forward to reunions once school starts back up!
Congrats to the Niles baseball team! District champs!
Love from a margarita lover in Dublin <3

No comments:

Post a Comment