Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finally back!

Oh my gosh I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! I have literally lost track of the time and the days and already I'm going to be home in 12 of them. Unbelievable. Anyways, this past weekend we went to Galway and it was amazing, though I must say that I missed Dublin quite a bit, mostly because the place that we stayed at was very creepy but the places we went were amazing.
The first day we went on a day trip to the Aran Island and Inis Mor and it was so beautiful. We spent the entire day riding bikes around the island seeing all of the beautiful sights and taking in everything. Since the island is an island one of my favorite smells was all around me, the ocean. I had forgotten how much I loved that smell. We biked up to Dun Aonghasa which was a cliff there and it was AMAZING! Oh my gosh I could have sat there all day and just relaxed watching the ocean. Have you ever had that? Been to a place where you didn't need any technology, book, chair, or anything, you could just sit there with nothing but the scenery. We went to the very edge of the cliff, not on our feet though we crawled there on our stomachs and looked over, wow. The drop was so far but it was cool seeing it up close. It was wonderful and I'm glad that I got to experience it. We also found a sweater shop that sold authentic wool sweaters. I really really wanted one but I HATE wool so I thought I should better spend the money elsewhere, which I did, on TOM shoes :)
The next day we went to the Cliffs of Moher and it was incredible. One of the most amazing sights that I have ever seen and probably will ever see. They were breathtaking and I hope that I was able to capture it and do it justice but I don't think that I or anyone ever could. I even went past the point of "Do not Pass" and "In memory of those who have fallen from the cliff". It was scary but so worth seeing the cliffs from an unprotected spot. I even kind of went to the edge so I could get a picture there. I was scared and a tad light headed. But I loved it.
Every night while we were in Galway we went to the same restaurant, most people would question why we wouldn't want to experience other places. But you would go there every night if you had ate there. It was called Bon Appetito and it was so delicious. They had an amazing variety of food and it was reasonably priced. I had pizza and mussels with spaghetti and every night I made the right food choices and the dessert was delicious, nutella and banana crepes and banana splits :) oh and also Bailey's with hot chocolate..mmmmmm
We got back today and I'm exhausted from the weekend. I miss everyone at home and wishes they were here with me. I would have loved to see the cliffs of Moher with the family and climbed Don Aonghasa with Andrew James and shopped and pub hopped with the girls :) But I am loving every second of being here don't you guys worry! Sorry I haven't written in so long but most nights all I want to do is go to my bed immediately. Love you all so much!
Love from a traveled girl <3

1 comment:

  1. Enjoying the pictures! Exhausted at night means you are having a fabulous trip...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete